Überblick über den Studiengang
To enroll in Hochschule Fresenius' Master's program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.), you need
- a completed Bachelor's program with a minimum of 180 credit points, including 60 credit points in management, business, or economics. If you lack the required subject-specific credits, you can take an admissions test. There are no specific credit point requirements for data science.
- language proficiency in English at the B2 level of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You can begin the Master's program before completing your Bachelor's if you have 80% of the necessary credit points by the time of enrollment. Bachelor's students at Hochschule Fresenius pay the monthly Master's tuition fees only when they begin the program.
For further details, please contact our Study Advice Service.
The M.Sc. program in Data Science for International Business Management blends business, management, information processing and technology to provide practical and relevant knowledge with a global perspective. You’ll learn from industry experts and benefit from projects and case studies, internships, and interactive learning opportunities such as excursions, guest lectures, workshops, or even semesters abroad.
- IT & Programming: You’ll acquire a comprehensive understanding of information processing and technology concepts, and how to effectively incorporate them into the framework of business organizations.
- Methods of Data Science: You’ll learn to use mathematical, statistical, and economic methods and how they are in applied economic research and business practices.
- Business Intelligence: You will gain the data science and IT skills to analyze and improve business processes.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You’ll develop essential management and leadership skills, enabling you to effectively lead teams and projects, and manage organizations.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: In this module, you’ll gain relevant language and intercultural skills, either in German (if you’re a non-native speaker, for example) or in another foreign language.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: As a M.Sc., this program offers an in-depth foundation in scientific methods and research. You’ll learn how research guides business decisions and will gain a range of tools and techniques to gather and analyze data.
As a graduate of this Master’s program, you will possess a unique combination of business expertise and IT knowledge such as
- familiarity with various data management tools
- an understanding of information and communication technologies and how they can be utilized in a business context
- the ability to communicate the benefits of empirical methods and technical solutions
- the competence to make informed decisions in diverse business contexts
With these theoretical and practical skills you’ll be well equipeed to work in international companies across various industries, non-profit organizations, or even start your own business. You will be qualified to pursue a career in areas such as data science, data and business analysis, software development, data acquisition and management, marketing analysis, data mining, machine learning, AI development, and organizational development based on operations research and knowledge management.
Moreover, the program provides an excellent foundation for pursuing a doctorate for those interested in furthering their education.
During the first two semesters of this M. Sc. you’ll gain a strong foundation in data science, research methods, and management. Your classes will focus on
- Coding for Data Science
- Leadership & Management
- Project Management
- Mathematics & Statistics for Data Sciene
- Database Management & Data Governance
- Intercultural Communication & language skills
While the 1st and 2nd semester consist of compulsory courses, the Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management also offers you plenty of opportunities to pursue your interests and further develop your professional profile. In the 3rd semester, you will choose one of the following elective modules:
- Corporate Finance
- Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context
- International Relations & Current World Affairs
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
- Strategic Marketing & Brand Management
Alternatively, you can choose to complete an internship instead of an elective module or opt for a semester abroad.
In semester 4 you’ll complete your final modules as well as your Master’s Thesis.
zurück zur Hochschule