International Sustainable Business
- Abschluss Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Dauer 6 Semester
- Art Vollzeit
This degree programme is the right choice for you if sustainable business is at the centre of your interests and if you want to go beyond earning a conventional business administration degree. Including aspects of sustainability in a curriculum or offering specialisations in sustainability is no longer enough. We need to put sustainability at the centre of business education, and the Bachelor's degree programme International Sustainable Business does just that. We are the first University of Applied Sciences in Austria to embark on this journey and we look forward to you having you with us!
You are tomorrow’s smart, committed business economists and you come to our cozy campus to study current issues that affect global business. During your studies, you will help shape the campus and your curriculum and learn how to tackle business challenges in practice upon completing your degree. There are already numerous businesses interested in graduates from this programme to fill positions in fields like sustainability reporting, sustainable management or in management consultancy for decarbonisation, sustainability management, strategy and reporting, sustainability risks.
You will start the programme with contents such as Sustainability & Business, People & Production Resources, Marketing Basics & Sustainable Marketing, Frameworks for Sustainability and Business Communication – contents that take you deep into the field of sustainable business. The second semester offers classical business administration with focus on Sustainability & Economics, Financial Management & Sustainable Finance, Corporate, Cost & Environmental Accounting, Business Mathematics & Statistics and Analytical and Strategic Thinking & Decision-Making. This will equip you with classical business skills and improve your competitive edge. In the third and fourth semesters you will delve into the international dimension of business management and prepare for the consultancy project ‘Sustainable Business Development’ which follows in the fifth semester. In the sixth semester, you will venture out into a professional field completing an internship and prepare for your Bachelor’s exam.
- Comprehensive View on Sustainability: more than green practices, visions of a blue economy as guiding principle
- Sustainability Skill Set: guiding students in their personal development of 21st century skills, with a focus on innovation, transformation, critical and analytical thinking and solution finding.
- Global Perspective: learning from global best practice examples in an international network that works beyond the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Unique Learning Experiences: collaborative and participative activities on campus, field trips to relevant companies, vivid exchange formats with global experts
- Early Adopters: you can be among the first graduates of this unique Bachelor’s Degree programme in International Sustainable Business in Austria
Graduates are sought after in a variety of career fields in national or multinational organisations, in the private, public and non-profit sector:
- Climate Impact and Sustainability Business Consulting
- Sustainability Marketing
- Sustainable Business Development
- Sustainability Officers
- Sustainability Reporting and Communication
- Project and Process Management